Tuesday 6 August 2013

'Scene' in Chesterfield 5th. August 2013

I suppose if most enthusiasts were asked "What draws you to a particular bus or type of bus". That amongst the answers would be "Because it's the newest" or "the oldest" or "because in some way it is different from the rest". 

I am no different to you, so the selection here reflects all of the above.

I should also point out that when I say newest, I mean that is to me. You may have seen them before but I may not have.

First then, one of the newest.

P1040545

MX12 JXV

A Wright 'Streetlite' WF (Wheel Forward).

Part of the 'Mistral' hire fleet, it currently serves G & J Holmes of Clay Cross and is seen loading prior to departure to Buxton on the route 66. (now where have I heard that before).

I like the 'Streetlite'. I have travelled on both versions and find it quite acceptable but wether it will make any serious inroads into a niche that seems to be dominated by Optare's Solo remains to be seen.

Then to not quite the oldest but nearly so.

P1040558

N362 VRC

A Dennis Lance with an Optare Sigma body.

N362 VRC was built for 'Trent Buses' in 1995, then had a spell with associate company 'Notts & Derby' before coming to Hulleys of Baslow in 2004.

Although it must be coming towards the end of it career, It still looks and sounds well. 

 

So to something that's a bit different.

 

P1040549

 KX53 VNF

Stagecoach's fleet list shows it as being a Dennis Trident with a Plaxton President body whilst others credit it with being a Transbus product. No matter, we all know what we are looking at.

It is different in that in a town, Chesterfield in Derbyshire that is full of Stagecoach buses with Yorkshire Traction legal titling it is based in Worksop in Nottinghamshire and carries Lincolnshire Road Car legal titling.

I appreciate that there are good reasons for this but to me, it all seemed much simpler in East Midland Motor Services days.

 

More buses 'Scene' in Chesterfield can be seen  here Flickr 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment