On any railway, the locomotives attract most attention especially when those locomotives are steam powered.
No.’s 822 & 823 ‘The Earl’ and ‘Countess’ respectively are the original 0-6-0 tank loco’s built for the line in 1902 by Beyer Peacock.
The liveries and the number plates reflect Great Western Railway influence. Needless to say, the paint job on both loco’s is excellent.
The line came into GWR ownership with the takeover of Cambrian Railways in 1923 and passed to British Railways in 1948 at nationalization.