Thursday 3 January 2019

‘Scene’ today (03/01/2019) in Burton on Trent on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

After my recent efforts over Christmas and the New Year (9 blogs in 9 days), I had intended having a few days away from my computer but a trip to Burton on Trent today changed all that.

 

I was aware that ‘midland classic’ (mc), the major operator in the town have taken delivery of a batch of Dennis Trident / ‘ADL’ Enviro 400 double deckers so I was hoping for a sighting. 

 

I saw several, mainly in ‘mc’s Wetmore Road depot yard but only one presented itself for my inspection.

 

The day being what it was (dull, cloudy, damp and generally miserable) I got what images I could.

 

They are not the best I have ever taken and I apologise for that but they are as good as I could get.

 

SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /1

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk

 

I am aware that some sources quote this and others from the batch acquired by ‘mc’ as Alexander Dennis Ltd. E40D’s.

 

However my usual source insists they are Tridents and I shall stay with that until proved otherwise.

 

It was new to ‘First Capital’ as its No. DN33615 and since then has had a spell with ‘Xelabus’ in Southampton.

 

SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /1 on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

 

 

 

SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /2

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk


SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /2 on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

 

 



SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /3

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk


SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /3 on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

 

 



SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /4

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk


SN11 BMZ ‘midland classic’ No. 65. Dennis Trident / Alexander Dennis Ltd. Enviro 400 /4 on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’




 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment