Saturday 1 October 2016

‘Scene’ yet again in Derby on ‘Dennis Basfords’ railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk

Before I deal with todays blog, I would like to add to the blog I posted yesterday (30/09/2106).

 

I wrongly identified FJ10 OXP as being part of ‘TM Travel’s fleet. It is in fact part of fellow ‘Wellglade’ group member ‘notts+derby’s fleet.

 

I was advised of this by Mr. Oliver Spencer to whom I offer my sincere thanks. Your getting in touch was much appreciated.

 

I have changed my blog and 'flickr' page accordingly.

 

 

 

Whilst I was in Derby yesterday I saw a ‘midland classic’ (mc) double decker parked up in Derby bus station.

 

I was intrigued because as far as I knew, ‘mc’ do not as yet operate into Derby. By the time I was able to get near to it with my camera, it had gone.

 

I was in Derby today and an ‘mc’ decker was parked where the one yesterday had been parked.

 

Today, it waited for me.

 

‘mc’ have gained a contract from Boots to operate from Derby to their facility in Burton on Trent 4 times daily every day of the week under service number X39.

 

The friendly driver today, Richard advised that the service commenced in September.

 

 

 

 

 

YN52 OAA ‘midland classic’ No.52 Scania 94UD / East Lancs Omnidekka

on ‘Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk

 

YN52 OAA ‘midland classic’ No.52 Scania 94UD / East Lancs Omnidekka on ‘Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment