Saturday 3 October 2015

‘Scene’ today (03/10/15) in Derby

Although I had done a ‘blog’ about the withdrawal of Notts and Derby’s Volvo B10B/Northern Counties Paladins earlier in the week. I still felt the need to go into Derby to say my own farewells.

 

I have only ridden on them half a dozen times and to be honest, they were not that comfortable. Too many seats of a not particularly good design packed into too small a space.

 

However, they were full of character and have appeared in a multitude of liveries down the years and they will be missed.

 

There were a reasonable number of enthusiasts dashing hither and yon and the four I was able to see were

 

L102 LRA


L102 LRA

 

M131 PRA

M131  PRA

 

M132 PRA and

 

M132 PRA

M133 PRA


M133 PRA


No matter how many times I visit Derby bus station, I always find something to photograph.

Pride of place goes to 

 

YX65 RGO

 

An Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 in a very stylish ‘Transpeak’ livery that was new to me.

 

Presumably a ‘High Peak Buses’ vehicle although it was gone that quickly I did not have time to check its ownership.

 

YX65 RGO

 

SIL 6434

 

A Neoplan Tourliner of ‘Skills’ was operating the ‘National Express’ (NX) service e to London.

 

They have been operating the service since ‘yourbus’ gave it up but rumour has it that the ongoing contract is going elsewhere.

 

Watch this space !

 

SIL 6434

 

SIL 6434

HSK 655

A Volvo B9R with Plaxton Elite bodywork in ‘NX’ livery but operated by ‘Parks of Hamilton’.

 

HSK 655

WA61 AKU

A Volvo B13R with Van Hool Alicron bodywork in ‘NX’ liveryworking for ‘Chalfont Coaches’ of Southall.


WA61 AKU

 

WA61 AKU

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment