Tuesday 25 March 2014

‘Scene’ in Nottingham yesterday the 24th. of March 2014

We are now officially in spring although the temperature seemed to suggest otherwise. The sun was shining and I had an hour to kill so I thought I would pay a visit with camera in hand.

 

YN14 MVH

My first ’14’ plate. A Scania N230UD with Alexander Dennis Enviro (ADL) 400 bodywork.

 

I had seen the ‘spare’ and ‘red line’ liveried buses a couple of weeks ago but this was my first ‘lime line’ liveried bus. Very smart.


P1100662

 

LT52 WXJ 

A Dennis Trident with Plaxton’s President bodywork. One of a number that came last year from Go-Ahead London to help with rail replacement work when Nottingham railway station was closed.

 

The style of lettering in white is changed from the ‘nottingham network’ titling.

 

I include this image for no other reason that I like it.


P1100649

 

YT09 YHW

Another Scania, this time a 270UD with Optare bodywork built after the style of other East Lancs built bodies in the fleet.

 

This turned up a couple of minutes after the Trident and it too was carrying the revised style of fleetname.


P1100658

 

YD63 VDL

An Optare SoloSR from ‘trentbarton’ seen on Friar Lane with a livery that was new to me. ‘the rushcliffe greens’ which links Nottingham with Bingham and Radcliffe. 

 

I caught a glimpse of an Optare Tempo in the same livery. It would seem to be a variation of the Bingham ‘xprss’.


P1100607

 

I always have time for an old timer, (my son Andrew says that is because I am one myself).

 

SN53 EUT

I have seen this former ‘London United’ Alexander ALX400 bodied ‘decker a number of times but it was the first time I have caught it on camera.

 

Now part of ‘Skills Coaches’ contract fleet.


P1100659

 

W752 DOE

Another from ‘Skills Coaches’ contract fleet although this time in fleet livery is this East Lancs bodied Volvo.


P1100642

 

R934 RAU

A Dennis Dart SLF with Plaxton Pointer 2 bodywork doing a stint on the ‘centrelink’. service.

 

It carries the ‘notts & derby’ livery but previously wore ‘trentbarton’ colours and I think its legal titling quotes ‘ Barton Buses’ all ‘Wellglade’ group companies.

P1100628

No comments:

Post a Comment