Tuesday 31 December 2013

The 'sawley xprss'

It is barely three months since I wrote about this new venture for ‘trentbarton’ (tb) which ran into Nottingham with fleet liveried Optare Solo’s.

 

At the time, I commented that I was disappointed that there was no route branding on the vehicles. 

 

I had an Email from Alex Hornby ‘tb’s Commercial Director which stated "that the route needed to prove its value before committing to the investment of branding”. 

 

This has proved to be a sound piece of thinking because I note from Derbyshire County Council’s ‘Changes to bus services’ that the service will be withdrawn as from the 26th. of January 2014.

 

It is sad to see it go but I see in the same notice that ‘tb’s ‘Zoom’ service is to be extended from the same date to New and Old Sawley so hopefully all is not lost.

 

The ‘Zoom’ service Optare Solo's are route branded and a couple of images are shown here for completeness sake.



P1050918

 

P1050914

 

P1050919

 

P1050530

 

P1050525

No comments:

Post a Comment