Tuesday 1 July 2014

‘Scene’ in Derby 30/06/14

My regular readers will know that I am East Midlands based and indeed Derby is one of my favourite places to watch buses.

 

I had an hour to spare whilst my wife was ‘doing’ the shops so I thought that I would see what was on offer in the bus station.

 

FJ10 EZT


A Scania 340 with Caetano Levante bodywork operated by ‘Silverdale’ of Nottingham on ‘National Express’ (NE) service 440 to London. Seen in the livery promoting their services to Ireland. I like these ‘NE’ one off liveries, they lift the coach out of the ordinary. 

 

P1130779

AIG 1518

A Mercedes-Benz ??????? er I don’t know what. Obviously a Merc, I suspect a Vario but I have no idea who built the bodywork. If any of you out there knows, drop me an Email as to what it is and I will give you a mention. Operated by 'Glovers' of Ashbourne'.

P1130780

PM05 JAM

A Volvo B12B with Plaxton Panther bodywork operated by ‘Marshalls’ of Sutton on Trent working a ‘National Express’ service.

The mainly young folks who got off it carrying back packs and sporting mud encrusted Wellington boots might have come from the recently held Glastonbury pop festival which had finished the night before.


P1130796

 

YJ58 FFO


A VDL SB200 with Plaxton Centro operating for ‘High Peak Buses’ (HPB) on the Transpeak service.

 

Although it has been with ‘HPB’ for a while, it is the first time I have seen it. 

 

At one time it operated on the Scottish island of Mull with either ‘Bowmans’ of Crignure or ‘West Coast Motors'.


P1130803

 

YRC 182


This Volvo B10M with Plaxton Interurban bodywork just keeps on going. Dating back to 1997, in my view it is the pick of the bunch. Warm, cosy and none of those horrible slippery, cold ‘leather’ seats. Operated by 'trentbarton' on its 'red arrow' service. Long may it continue !!


P1130809

No comments:

Post a Comment