Monday 21 February 2022

‘Scene’ when What Goes Around Comes Around on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

 

On Tuesday the 15/02/2022, I posted a blog titled ‘Scene’ in Chesterfield yet again.

 

When I was researching and writing the comments I realised that the fifth image, a Dennis Dart / Plaxton Pointer in the colours of ‘Hulleys of Baslow’ rang a bell somewhere at the back of my memory.

 

I hope that you will appreciate that with a collection of many thousands of images that tying one or two down to some distant point in the past is not always easy.

 

However,

 

This is what I posted on the 15th and the comment I made then which was,

 

PX05 EKW ‘Hulleys of Baslow’ No. 24.

Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton Pointer 2

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk

 

 “New to ‘Stagecoach North West’ as No. 34687 but it was acquired from ‘Stagecoach South West’.”


PX05 EKW ‘Hulleys of Baslow’ No. 24. Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton Pointer 2 on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

 

 

 

 

 

 

Therein was a clue.

 

In October 2013, My wife and I had a holiday in Cumbria where I managed to get a couple of hours taking photos in Carlisle.

 

PX05 EKW in ‘Stagecoach in Carlisle’ colours was one of the images I took on that day.

 

PX05 EKW ‘Stagecoach in Carlisle’ No. 34687.

Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton Pointer 2

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk

 

PX05 EKW ‘Stagecoach in Carlisle’ No. 34687. Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton Pointer 2 on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk’

 

 

 

 

 

PX05 EKV ‘Stagecoach South West’ No. 34686.

Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton Pointer 2

on Dennis Basford’s railsroadsrunways.blogspot.co.uk


Fast forward to February 2017 when we were on holiday in Plymouth and some of the same batch of buses were working there including I believe 

PX05 EKW.

 

Although I wasn’t able to get a picture of it, I did get one of the batch.

 

This one.

 

The comments I made at the time are repeated here.

 

 “ I know that operators move buses around the various fleets within their group for a variety of reasons. I do wonder though about the economics of the exercise.

 

This particular bus, seen in Plymouth was photographed in Carlisle by me nearly 4 years ago. 

 

According to Google maps, Carlisle is 388 miles away.

 

PX05 EKV 34686

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment