Monday 26 October 2015

‘Scene’ in Derby & Nottingham 25th. October 2015

It isn’t every day that my local bus company ‘trentbarton’ (tb) introduce one new type into service.

 

I cannot remember the last time they introduced two new types into service on the same day and on top of that.

 

They also re branded a further route albeit with older buses.

 

Of course I had to record it.

 

I had the pleasure of seeing ‘tb’s new Plaxton Elite bodied Volvo B11R at the NEC a few weeks ago. (See blog dated 01/10/15).

 

I reported on them being used for training purposes last week (See blog dated 20/10/15).

 

On Sunday (the 25th.) they were introduced into service and so at last the public (including me) were able to sample them.

 

YX65 ZHL

 

Seen in Nottingham.

 

YX65 ZHL

YX65 ZHP 

Seen in Derby Bus Station.


YX65 ZHP

 

YX65 ZHM

 

Again in Derby Bus Station.

YX65 ZHM

 

YX65 ZHT

 

Leaving Derby Bus Station.

 

YH65 ZHT

The interior is airy, light, warm and comfortable.

P1210559

Over in Nottingham a batch of Wright bodied Volvo B8R buses were being introduced on ‘the two’ which runs from Nottingham through Ilkeston and terminating in Cotmanhay.

BD65 EWB


BD65 EWB

 

BD65 EWB

 

BD65 EWB

BD65 EWE


BD65 EWE

 

All the above images were taken in or around Nottingham’s Victoria Bus station.

 

 

As if all this activity wasn’t enough, ‘tb’ also re branded what had been the Northern section of the ‘red arrow’ from Derby to Chesterfield as ‘the comet’.

 

I had hoped that a suitably branded vehicle would be in service on the first day but if it was, I didn’t see it.

 

The buses I saw were all Volvo B7RLE/Wright’s displaced from ‘the two’ by the new B8R’s.

 

No doubt suitably branded buses will soon appear in service and in later ‘blogs’ as time and other pressures allow.

 

FJ09 XPA


FJ09 XPA

 

FJ09 XPD


FJ09 XPD

 

FJ09 XPD

FJ09 XPD

 

All of the buses I saw carried the message

 

“EXCUSE MY LOOKS, I’M HELPING OUT ON COMET”.

 

A similar sign was displayed to the rear of the door.

 

In an effort to show how the buses might eventually look, I have taken the liberty of reproducing ‘tb’s own image.

 

'the comet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment